- Atlantia’s family is from Messenia District of Thoth. Did you know that Messenia is named after a real place in Greece?
- The Erebus forest was named after the Greek primordial god, “Erebus”, which means ‘darkness’ in Greek.
- The title of The Book of Six Pillars is inspired by Japanese samurai swordsman, Miyamoto Musashi’s Book of Five Rings, written in the year 1645.
- The Heart of Gold is also called the Philosopher’s Stone.
- Atlantia is called a helot or slave, which is a reference to real Greek history. In 735 BCE, ancient Sparta conquered Messenia, making them slaves.
- The character Lycurgus is named after a real person in Greek history.
- Pythia, the sphinx in The Soul of the World, is named after a real oracle in ancient Greece.
- Rhesus, the Archon of Plataea, was inspired by Benjamin Franklin?
- Although the Staff of Thoth was an artifact in Greek/Egyptian mythology, the Sword of Thoth wasn’t.
- Undal is named after a person specifically mentioned in the Emerald Tablets of Thoth.
Genre – Science fiction, Fantasy
Rating – PG-13+